Publications
Many of the publications cited below are available through Subversion (SVN) at http://opensvn.csie.org/JasonQGregory/.
Patent: Instanced Rendering in DirectX
While at Electronic Arts, my colleagues Paul Keet, Mark Dochtermann and I developed a cool way to do instanced rendering in DirectX, which I implemented for use on Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. Our patent on the technique can be viewed here: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7209139.html.
Course Notes - ITP485: Programming Game Engines
ITP485_CourseNotes.doc
I developed and currently instruct ITP485: Programming Game Engines at the University of Southern California. These are the course notes I wrote for last fall's class. I'm currently working on revising the notes for the upcoming fall 2006 semester.
Presentation on the Basics of Skinned Animation
AnimationPresentation.zip
I've used this introductory talk a number of times, both at USC and in other venues. To view, extract the contents of the .zip file to a folder -- the three .avi files need to live in the same folder as the .ppt.
MOH Insider
I contributed various articles and development logs to the MOH Insider series. A good example is my article on skinned character animation.
EA Journal
I wrote an article for the EA Journal describing the Action Tree animation system I designed and implemented for MOH Pacific Assault. Unfortunately I cannot share it here, as it is proprietary to Electronic Arts.
Galaxy Training Manuals
When working for Visix Software in Reston, VA, I wrote and/or edited a number of training manuals describing various aspects of the Galaxy Application Environment.
Many of the publications cited below are available through Subversion (SVN) at http://opensvn.csie.org/JasonQGregory/.
- User Id: visitor
- Password: jqg
Patent: Instanced Rendering in DirectX
While at Electronic Arts, my colleagues Paul Keet, Mark Dochtermann and I developed a cool way to do instanced rendering in DirectX, which I implemented for use on Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. Our patent on the technique can be viewed here: http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/7209139.html.
Course Notes - ITP485: Programming Game Engines
ITP485_CourseNotes.doc
I developed and currently instruct ITP485: Programming Game Engines at the University of Southern California. These are the course notes I wrote for last fall's class. I'm currently working on revising the notes for the upcoming fall 2006 semester.
Presentation on the Basics of Skinned Animation
AnimationPresentation.zip
I've used this introductory talk a number of times, both at USC and in other venues. To view, extract the contents of the .zip file to a folder -- the three .avi files need to live in the same folder as the .ppt.
MOH Insider
I contributed various articles and development logs to the MOH Insider series. A good example is my article on skinned character animation.
EA Journal
I wrote an article for the EA Journal describing the Action Tree animation system I designed and implemented for MOH Pacific Assault. Unfortunately I cannot share it here, as it is proprietary to Electronic Arts.
Galaxy Training Manuals
When working for Visix Software in Reston, VA, I wrote and/or edited a number of training manuals describing various aspects of the Galaxy Application Environment.
Galaxy Developers' Conference Seminars
During my time at Visix Software, I regularly led seminars on the architecture and use of the Galaxy Application Environment at annual Galaxy Developers' Conferences.

<< Home